Four Million Homes is a catalyst for change in social housing.
The programme was launched on 19 April 2023. Speakers included:
- Baroness Scott of Bybrook OBE, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Faith and Communities, and Lords Minister)
- Ruhena Ahmed, Deputy Director, Social Housing Quality and Residents, DLUHC
- Lesley Channon, Public Relations & Tenant Engagement Consultant, TAROE
- Blase Lambert, Confederation of Co-operative Housing
- Jenny Osbourne, TPAS
- Gavin Smart, CIH
- Abraham Nomafo, Public Participation, Consultation and Research (PPCR)
[Closed captions are enabled on the video, click to show].
The launch introduces the Four Million Homes programme which will provide free knowledge, guidance and training on resident rights and how to stand up for them, how to deal with difficult landlords, how to form and get involved in resident groups and how to shape the services they pay for. Knowledge is power and we aim to empower residents to demand that their homes and neighbourhoods are well maintained, clean, and safe.