The data controller for Four Million Homes is The Confederation of Co-operative Housing, also referred to herein as 'CCH'.
Effective: 19 April 2023
CCH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This webpage tells you the data protection and privacy practices for www.fourmillionhomes.org, specifically:
- what personally identifiable information is collected
- which organisation is collecting this information
- how this information is used
- our policy on sharing this information
- how we protect your information
- how you can correct any inaccuracies in this information
Plain english summary
We take your privacy very seriously.
Children (under 18s) are not eligible to use our services and should not submit any personal information to the Four Million Homes website.
We do not actively track you as an individual.
Why we need your information and how we use it
If you sign up to access parts of the website we retain this information you provide on a database in order for you to sign in and for us to identify you and the information you input onto the website.
Should you send us an email via the contact form, your name, email address and message will be emailed to us (as you would expect). This information is kept private. We will store this information within our own email system so that we are able to respond to you.
The website does use some cookies when you browse this website. These are used to ensure proper running of this website, and also to help us improve your experience when browsing.
Sign up to our newsletter - data use/type of processing
Email address: to send you emails
Name: to personalise our communication with you
Contact form - data use/type of processing
Email address: to send you emails
Name: to personalise our communications with you
Which organisation is collecting this information
The Confederation of Co-operative Housing which can be reached at cch.coop.
How this information is used
If you have chosen to share it with us, we use your name and email address in order for you to book on training and webinars. We use your email address to contact you in reply to your message, or to send you our newsletter.
Our disclosure of this information
Information about users that sign up for training/webinars is important for the website to function. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our website, such as web administrators/developers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
You may opt-out of our emails at any time. An ‘unsubscribe’ link is included in all of our email newsletters.
Protection of your information
CCH uses best endeavour to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, all data is encrypted via secure certificate TLS1.2. It is important to be aware that there is no such thing as “perfect internet security”.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to
- our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and
- receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Contacting the regulator – The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. If you are unhappy with our use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners’ Office as the Supervisory Authority for the UK they can be contacted via their website.
How to contact us
Please use the contact form on this site or contact us at:
Confederation of Co-operative Housing
Registered office: 19 Devonshire Road
Liverpool L8 3TX
Email: [email protected]
The Confederation of Co-operative Housing Ltd is registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee. Registration Number 328 488 4